Serving the Community
of Loveland, Colorado
Since December 19th, 1987
700 East Fourth Street
Loveland, CO 80537
Front Desk: (970) 962-2383
Registration: (970) 962-2409 LIKE US!
The Chilson Center is committed to providing high quality and diversified fitness, recreation, social, and educational opportunities through an established and reliable municipal leisure facility. Guest expectations will be met with responsive service in a welcoming atmosphere. By promoting recreation and wellness, the Chilson Center aims to enhance the quality of life for the community.
This state-of-the-art full service recreation facility located at the Civic Center, comprises 85,000 square feet of amenities and services including:
- Fitness area includes fitness atrium (supplying a wide variety of cardio exercise equipment and lines of Cybex & TechnoGym select weight equipment), free weight center, exercise track, and an aerobics studio.
- Individual use, 80+ instructional fitness classes weekly, or the option of working with a personal trainer and/or dietitian.
Indoor swim areas include a lap pool and a leisure pool with a lazy river feature & zero depth play area for kids. The speed slide is plenty of fun too! There are two hot tubs (one indoor; one outdoor).
There are also seasonal outdoor swimming opportunities in Loveland at the Winona Pool, and at the Swim Beach at North Lake Park from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend (staff and water levels permitting).
- 2 Gymnasiums available for individual drop-in use, half court and full court Basketball games, and individual or team Volleyball games. There is also a gymnastics center in the north wing.
- 3 Racquetball Courts are available for hourly reservations, Racquetball/Wallyball Challenge programs, and on a drop-in basis.
Conference and Activity:
There are available rooms for reservation including a large meeting & events facility with full kitchen, a social lounge, a party room for special events (located just off the pool deck) and activity areas. Please call (970)962-2503 for reservation information. Birthday Party Packages available.
Service is provided most days. Please call (970) 962-2386 or visit the child care web page link for further information.
Senior Center Wing:
- senior area includes pool tables, shuffleboard area, and lounge area
- programs/activities specifically for seniors
Reader's Choice Awards:
The Reporter Herald's Reader's Choice "Best Fitness Club"
These awards are voted on by the Citizens of Loveland, and are published annually in the Loveland Reporter Herald Newspaper's special section "Reader's Choice Awards."
- 2010 Best Fitness Club: 2nd - Chilson Rec Center
- 2009 Best Fitness Club: 3rd - Chilson Rec Center
- Best Yoga Place: 3rd - Chilson Rec Center
- 2008 Best Fitness Classes: 1st - Chilson Rec Center
City Ordinance for the Parks & Recreation Department Rules & Regulations City Code Chapter 12.40, Section 12.40.010: "Rules & Regulations. The parks and recreation department shall have the authority to establish and enforce such rules and regulations as it deems necessary pertaining to the operation of all parks and recreational facilities owned or operated by the city." (Ord. 3572 ~ 1, 1989)